Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Number One Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

This book was a fast read and a perfect break from how long Shantaram was. It takes place in Botswana, Africa and the lead character is a spunky woman named Mma Precious Ramoswe. Her also being a full sized, black woman with strong opinions of her own I couldn't help but think of the character from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, Lula. Precious though has quite a mind about her. How on earth someone could figure out the mysteries she did so easily? Am I that observant? Sadly, no, but entertaining to read none the less.

2 comments:

  1. The show on HBO must be more entertaining then the book. The main character is played by Jill Scott, R&B singer. Very good. Finally a book I can comment on. You should read more books that are on tv, that way I can play too. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a Ladies Detective Agency, I liked them very much. I might have a few at home to lend you if you want. And I am glad to know someone else who reads the Stephanie Plum series ! I've got them all, I just find them so funny. They are my good mood books for when I finish a depressing one (or one writen in German that took me a lot of concentration to read ! ...)

    ReplyDelete